Economical Pork Tenderloin


Pork Tenderloin is one of my families favorite meals. It comes on sale every three months or so and I buy 2-3 packages each containing two tenderloins. I usually get one package for $8.00 which is a very economical price especially because I can make one dinner for four people from one tenderloin.

I made a youtube video showing the different ways I like to cut the meat. It all depends on what I am making. Here is a link to it:

https://youtu.be/dOANQA2msZA

I the above picture you see I made steamed asparagus and glazed carrots. I like jasmine rice as a side as well. This type of meat is very lean and cooks very quickly so it is a time saver for your family dinners.

Ingredients:

Pork Tenderloin 1-2
bread crumbs to cover
2 eggs and water for egg wash
oil or butter for frying
salt and pepper

Method

Clean the tenderloin of all fat and sinew. Cut the tenderloin into chunks as large as you wish to serve. I make mine 3 inches or so. Place the tenderloin in the egg wash then the bread crumbs. Heat the butter and oil in the pan. Brown the meat on all sides. Place the meat in an ovenproof dish and finish baking it at 350 till it reaches an internal temperature of 165. It should take maybe 20 minutes. Keep checking. You could also just fry it till it is done, I just like finishing it in the oven.

Let me know what you think.

Here is another photo from our video meal:



Comments

Popular Posts