How to Make Pizza or Foccacia Crust in the Food Processor



I didn't believe it either. Then I made it and, well, the results speak for themselves. I was a happy camper. In the kitchen, things are not just about good food it is also about good food fast, especially for working people.

I had been saving for quite some time for a Cuisinart food processor. I had read all the reviews and I had seen it as the top choice on Americas Test Kitchen. I, like many of my friends, believe in making things easier on the Cook, so a good--if not best--food processor was very important. I watched many online videos about the machine before I purchased it. That was where I saw a demonstration of making Pizza dough with it.

I have now made it quite a few times, and I assure you it is wonderful. I could not believe it. I also make pasta dough fresh in my food processor and it also always turns out fantastic.

Here is the recipe for the pizza dough / Foccacia bread I made last night

Thin Crust Focaccia - made in a food processor:

1 tablespoon yeast
1 teaspoon sugar
1 1/3 cup warm water - 110 degrees
3-4 tablespoons olive oil
3-4 cups flour ( 3 1/3 is what I used )
Pinch salt
Cornmeal for the baking Pan

Put water and yeast and sugar in a bowl and let bloom. Add the flour and salt to the bowl and add liquid. Mix till combined. Use a kitchen-aid mixer, or by hand. Knead a short time to combine, on the counter. Then roll this dough. I made one giant slab. Bake for 20 minutes in 450-degree oven. There is no need for the dough to rise, just bake it. It's perfect for a quick bread like focaccia or pizzas. I covered it in olive oil and drizzled Italian seasonings on it.

Give it a go, you won't be sorry. 

Comments

Popular Posts