Food-processor Pizza Crust - Homemade is Cheaper





My family loves Pizza. It is so easy to make and with my Cuisinart processor, it takes 10 minutes to prepare the dough for the oven. Yes, it goes straight in the oven after you roll out the dough. I am sure the recipe would work in any good food processor. The cost is also negligible when you consider that you control the ingredients. It's healthier, it's fun, and everyone gets to choose their toppings.

I buy pepperoni in bulk and freeze in one pizza portions. I also like to buy mozzarella and shred it and freeze for future use. Mozerella does not freeze well in blocks so make sure to grate it. My hubby likes his pizza with green peppers, tomatoes cubed, onions, chilies, and pepperoni. My daughter likes her pizza plain with just cheese and pepperoni so I usually just make one big pizza and dress it half for her and half for hubby. I can not have it for dietary reason, so I don't have to worry about me. I use to make two pizzas but then I realized one pizza for both works better, it is a giant pizza, mind you.

Pizza dough recipe:

2 teaspoons dry active dry yeast
1 teaspoon sugar
1 1/3 cups warm water
3 1/3 cups flour
1 1/4 teaspoons salt
1 tablespoon olive oil
Cornmeal for the pizza pan

Stir yeast into water and sugar. Let bubble. Place the flour and salt in the processor. Blitz to combine. Then add the yeast mixture to processor. Blitz. Then add the oil and blitz to combine. When the dough is a ball put on the counter and roll out. Bake at 425 degrees for 20 minutes, perhaps longer. I rotate the pizza half way through the cooking so both sides crisp up.


Enjoy!

Comments

Popular Posts