Homemade Freezer Pizza - Goodbye Frozen Boxed Pizza


Freezer pizza is easier than you think. I make pizza for my family quite often and when I do, I also try to make a spare. Cooked pizza freezes really well. I wrap it in foil and take it out of the freezer and put it in the toaster oven at 400* for 10 minutes and serve.

At that rate, your own children can manage to feed themselves either lunch or a quick dinner. The foil becomes the plate you re-heat the pizza on so that also eliminates the mess in the oven. Remember that when you wrap the cooled pizza, it has to be easy to unwrap and place in the oven.


This is the spare pizza I made this morning. Hubby had purchased more mozzarella than I asked for so I had plenty. I buy round balls of cheese so I know it is all cheese and not sawdust. I also had plenty of pepperonis left over from dinner the day before. I must learn to freeze it in smaller increments.

I gave you the food-processor pizza dough recipe in a previous post, which you can find here:

http://cookinmumsculinaryadventures.blogspot.ca/2017/05/food-processor-pizza-crust-homemade-is.html

I hope this inspires you to make pizza at home and make extra for later.

Comments

Popular Posts