Yellow Orbs of Summer Bliss - Yellow Plum Jam



I think I am done. Phew, it is always exciting to try to do better than you did before but it can be a commitment you wonder why you made. I am so glad I did.

I must confess to you that I do not eat jam. I have never bought it unless for a recipe of some kind and even then I can't remember when I did even that. But let me tell you how wonderful it feels to touch all the beautiful summer produce and have the joy of playing in the kitchen and smelling the divine perfume of the fruit simmering as the aroma permeates the house. I started humming as the sugar and fruit slowly boil into golden bubbles in the pan and slowly turn into a magnificent honey like consistency. 


Then to know this can be kept all winter and when the blizzard throws a tantrum and lashes the house, I can get a small jar of this nectar and make a cake or pancakes or warm some brie and sit under a thick blanket and hide while eating the "jams of summer." It just makes me smile to think about. The majority of the jars I have made will migrate to my adult children's pantry. It also makes this old mama happy to know my grown babies will be enjoying my jars of sunshine.

This batch made five 250ml jars and one little cutie-pie jar for me. As in all jam making, please use a safe recipe and follow all safe canning procedures. I will add the link to the recipe below:

http://nchfp.uga.edu/how/can_07/plum_jam.html


If this year has shown me anything it once again reminded me that everything changes in an instant. That is why I like to stay in the moment whenever possible so I do not miss anything, like the perfect peach, the perfect plum, or the perfect tomatoes. Like an artist paint, I cook and preserve and garden because life and the seasons we live are on a lease. No moment, no season, will ever repeat so I try to be there for all of it and these days I share it with you.

~ Hugs from Mum

Comments

Popular Posts