Purple Plum Torte ~ Using Peach Plum Jam


I always wish I could use some of my summer jams for more than toast. So when I came across this recipe on smitten kittens website, I had to try it: https://smittenkitchen.com/2013/10/purple-plum-torte/. I wanted something to use my plum peach refrigerator jam in. I think any chunky jam would work fine. I did have a few fresh pieces of fruit so I did add them as well. I think any canned fruit would work, just make sure it is not too wet when you place it on the batter.


First, my daughter "mini me chef" made the batter. It is very thick and I was not sure it would make anything resembling the picture on the recipe, but it is as you will see. In the photo above, you can see a jar of my jam. It is a long boil jam I made with 2 cups of purple plums, 3 cups of peaches, 3 cups of sugar, and a splash of lemon.


As you can see, the batter is very thick but it spreads well and holds the fruit nicely.


Here we are with the jam and the fruit on top with a sprinkle of cinnamon. I did not add extra sugar because the jam is sweet as is.


Here she is finished and out of the spring form pan. It has a wonderful flavor and the edges are like meringue. It held up nicely and the next day it was really good as well. I think whipped cream or ice cream and maybe chocolate sprinkles would make a perfect presentation. In the top picture, I used my Pear Caramel and fresh blueberries because that is what I had handy.

After tasting it my mother in law asked if I would make one for a party she is attending. That is quite a compliment.

~ Hugs from Mum

#useyourjam #plumtorte #peachesandplums #tortecakes #torte

Comments

Popular Posts