Easy & Delicious Lemon Curd



At school, I learned the French method for making lemon curd. While watching Anna Olsen on the food network last weekend, I watched her make many versions of lemon curd. Yesterday I made her British version and may I say it was easy and delicious. I was just testing it out and therefore was not prepared for a way to show it in its best light. That meant a scavenge in the fridge and some invention. Here is how I plated it last night:


The above image shows my lemon curd mousse layered between lemon curd and chocolate zucchini chunks.

If you like lemon curd, I strongly suggest you make Anna Olsen's version. It lasts in the fridge for 3 weeks.

Ingredients (makes 3 cups):

1 C unsalted butter
1 2/3 C sugar
3 Tablespoons fine grated lemon zest
4 large eggs
1 C lemon juice ( about 4 lemons )
1 teaspoon cornstarch

Directions:

Melt sugar, butter, and lemon zest in a sauce pot over medium heat until the butter melts. The sugar will not completely dissolve. Whisk eggs, lemon juice, and cornstarch together in separate bowl. Add the egg mixture into the pot with the butter and sugar. Continue to whisk the lemon curd until it thickens and begins to bubble, takes about 8 minutes. Pour it through a fine mesh strainer and cover the surface with plastic wrap. Cool to room temperature, then chill completely.

This little treat has so many uses. Why not surprise yourself and try it?

~ Hugs from Mum

Comments

Popular Posts