Sloppy Pulled Pork - When You Know It's Gonna Get Messy


Can we agree? *Drool*...Yes, we can agree.

This meal was all from scratch. The buns are homemade sweet buns, coleslaw is homemade, pork? No, it was from the freezer from the time I purchased a whole pork loin and made three roasts for the price of one.

This time I made my own slow cooker pulled pork marinade instead of buying a packet at the market. Most packets have a smoky flavor I dislike. I made pulled pork sliders for my debut into catering after completing my Culinary training, short as that catering vocation was, it was my introduction to pulled pork.

With a good slow cooker - my best kitchen tool - it makes this meal a snap every time.

Ingredients:

3-pound pork loin or shoulder roast
1/2 a bottle your favorite BBQ sauce, I like Sweet Baby Rays
1/2 cup tomato ketchup
1/2 cup brown sugar
2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
1/4 cup beef or chicken broth
1 tablespoon Worchester Sauce
1 teaspoon garlic and onion powder

Method:

Combine all the wet ingredients in the bottom of the slow cooker, stir in the sugar and garlic onion powder. Place the roast on top and turn in the sauce till covered. Let it remain in the cooker on high for 4-6 hours or low for 8 hours. When it is soft and falls apart, use two forks and shred the meat and incorporate everything. Let the mixture continue to cook until all warmed through.

I hope you enjoy this meal, we certainly did.

~Hugs from Mum

Comments

Popular Posts