Spicy Eggs (Akoori) w/ Squash


I learned about Pasi Eggs from my mother-in-law. Eggs are called Akoori, and I learned you can add all types of ingredients to the eggs I had never heard of before. I have a book I was gifted by a family member that has so many versions of eggs in it has a dedicated chapter. There are recipes like eggs cooked on bananas, eggs cooked on fenugreek leaves, and eggs cooked on okra. I made a simple egg with spices that my family loves.

Ingredients:

2 eggs
1 teaspoon garlic-ginger paste
1 teaspoon curry powder
1/4 teaspoon red chili flakes, or a nice hot red chili chopped fine, to taste
2-3 tablespoons deep fried onions - you know, the crispy kind
Salt and pepper to taste
Olive oil and a knob butter

Method:

Add the oil and butter to the skillet and melt. Add the garlic ginger paste, fry for a minute then add the chili and curry powder. This warming helps heighten the flavor. Add the crispy onions to the spices and stir together. Then add the beaten eggs on top. Let this set on a slow fire. Add some cilantro leaves at the finish and remove from the skillet. I like to roll the omelet off the pan slightly undercooked and let it finish cooking on the plate. School habit, as I have mentioned before. Don't kill the eggs and make them hard. Eggs should be caressed gently off the pan, in a nice sliding motion, rolling it on to itself. The heat from the omelet will cook the remaining eggs to a nice soft set. Maybe I better make a video of that some time.

Enjoy

~ Hugs from Mum

Comments

Popular Posts