What's Bad About Beef and Cheese on Tortilla Chips?


When my little family dines out, which happens on special occasions, invariably they order Nachos as the appetizer. It normally costs between $15.00-$20.00 for a large plate. In the last decade or so I seldom eat any.

Last week I watched a "basics" video by the BlueJean Chef and knew at once I had to make it at home. Whilst shopping I found restaurant style chips and bought two bags for $5.00. Mum scored. Be assured, I will make this again in a flash. My husband was moaning later that evening how full he was from his Pizza and Nachos dinner...but aside from that, it was a colossal hit.

I think you should plan these for a beer-and-nacho-night when the snow flies and the fireplace is lit, while binge-watching something. A No-Cook Dinner.


I made the recipe using the full two bags of chips on a parchment lined sheet pan. I knew it was too much, though I follow the recipe the first time to avoid mysterious failures. In the picture above I had assembled everything and was about to place it in the oven. It looked so good and that is the point when I knew this was going to be a crowd size meal.

Ingredients:

2 bags Nacho (tortilla) chips - restaurant style
2 cups shredded cheese of your choice
1 pound beef mince fried in large crumbles
2 avocados diced
1/4 cup sliced pickled jalapeno
1 jar Salsa
1 cup sour cream

Method:

You will be making three layers, like when making a lasagna. First layer the chips, add the cheese and avocado and beef crumbles with three equal additions. Set oven to 350* and bake for 10 minutes.

I have decided this would make a great party appetizer, it is uncomplicated and delicious. The next time we have a crowd this dish will be center stage. It's finger food that is easy to make and is filling, ask hubby.

~ Hugs From Mum

Comments

Popular Posts