Danish Snowball Cookies - Perfect For Christmas!

It's Christmas and I am blessed. It is the time to count our blessings. I love my Danish heritage and I embrace it. But at Christmas, it is especially poignant. Relevant because that is when I miss the past the most, and as I see food as a way to time-travel, it is a way for me to visit my childhood.


Danish Snow Ball Cookies - ( adapted from Amy Robertson ):

1 cup of butter
1/2 cup icing sugar and more for rolling
2  1/4 cups of flour
Pinch of salt
1 teaspoon vanilla or almond extract
3/4 cup finely chopped almonds

Method:

Cream the sugar and butter till it changes color (a light white color), at least 10 minutes. Add the remaining ingredients slowly so not to have a kitchen filled with a flour cloud. Cover and refrigerate for half an hour.

Turn oven to 400*. Make 1 inch balls out of the dough. Place on plain (no parchment) baking sheet 2 inches apart and bake for 10 minutes. Let cool for 3 minutes then roll in icing sugar. When completely cool, roll in sugar again.

I hope you make these. They are a wonderful butter cookie.


~ Hugs from Mum

Comments

Popular Posts