Honey-Sesame Chicken Lettuce Wraps - Instant Pot


It is official this little workhorse has captured my heart. Now we begin to test recipes.


This is a recipe for chicken breast, but as always I dabbled. I made this with one pound of chicken thighs, deboned and skinless. I purchased a bulk tray of thighs because I will try making several recipes and I find this amount easily divides in two and I can then send one portion to each of the seniors in our little family for a dinner. I get to test things, and they get a dinner. I also get to practice my food photography.

I found this recipe on a website called domestic superheroes. It was shared on the Instant Pot Facebook group I joined. I will add the recipe below. It was easy to follow and the timing of the components was correct. Less chicken does not change the timing in my opinion.

I found the flavor a little on the bitter side ( probably the tomato paste ) and I think I will change it in the next test, but that is my palate. Until I am more familiar with the Pot I will not veer too far from a recommended recipe.

https://domesticsuperhero.com/instant-pot-honey-sesame-chicken-lettuce-wraps/

Instant Pot Honey Sesame Chicken Lettuce Wraps
Prep Time
5 mins
Cook Time
35 mins
Total Time
40 mins
Instant Pot Honey Sesame Chicken Lettuce Wraps are a delicious healthy meal that cooks in just 10 minutes! Simple to make, family friendly, and so tasty!
Servings5 -3 wrap servings
Calories240 kcal
Ingredients
  • 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breast
  • 1/3 cup low sodium soy sauce
  • 1/4 cup honey
  • 1/4 cup tomato paste
  • 3 TBS rice wine vinegar
  • 1 TBS minced garlic
  • 1/2 cup water
  • 1 tsp sesame oil
  • 1 tsp onion powder
  • 1 tsp sriracha hot chili sauce, or more if you like it spicy
  • 1 TBS cornstarch
  • TBS water
  • 1 TBS sesame seeds, for garnish
  • 4 stalks green onions, chopped
  • 15-18 Bib lettuce or romaine leaves

Instructions
  1. Place the chicken in the Instant Pot.
  2. In a medium bowl, combine soy sauce, honey, tomato paste, rice wine vinegar, garlic, 1/2 cup water, sesame oil, onion powder and Sriracha. Pour over chicken. 
  3. Seal the IP lid, select 'manual' and adjust the time to 10 minutes.
  4. When cooking time is up, allow 10 minutes for the Ip to 'natural release' the pressure. After 10 minutes release the remaining pressure. Carefully open the pot top away from your body. Remove chicken, leaving the sauce in the IP. Shred chicken with two forks; set aside.
  5. Turn IP to 'saute' mode and bring the liquid to boil (should take 3-4 mins). In a small bowl or cup, mix 2 TBS water with cornstarch, then pour into boiling sauce mixture, stir, and cook 1 minute to let thicken. Return shredded chicken to the IP and stir to coat. Turn pot off.
  6. Serve chicken in lettuce wraps and top with sesame seeds and chopped green onions. Enjoy!


As you can see this recipe is for two pounds of chicken breast and I used one pound of thighs. Hope you try it and enjoy!


~ Hugs From Mum

Comments

Popular Posts