Korean Beef Bulgogi - Instant Pot

The quest continues to learn the best way to use this multi-cooking device. I am in love with the yogurt function and regardless of anything else I will always have a Pot in the house for this feature alone.

Now on to the job of making the main dish with it for dinner. It is important to note that though the cooking process is fast, the before and after of pressure cooking does add about the same amount of time as the actual cooking time, so judge the tool by that, not the hype you read everywhere.


I think a thinly sliced beef that cooks in 25 minutes and can be ready for a nice natural release of 20 minutes is a good dinner ready fast. No fry pan, no mess on the stove, and soft meat with a lovely sauce ready to go on rice, in a tortilla type wrap, or a lettuce wrap is a great meal.

I made this with a compilation of ideas from recipes I have not made in a pressure cooker. I liked the result and so did my family.


The meat was an outside round roast that I sliced into thin strips. I portioned the meat into three one pound packages and froze two. I am making everything in one pound increments, as I have said so I can portion it into two meals for the seniors in my life.

Please know all the safety measures and read the instructions on the proper use of a pressure cooker, electric or stovetop.

Korean Beef:

Yield 2 portions

1 +1/2 pounds beef - cubed or sliced thin
1/2 cup water
1/2 cup soy sauce
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup canola oil
2-3 tablespoons finely sliced onion
1 tablespoon sesame oil ( or to taste )
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon ginger powder
1 teaspoon red pepper flakes

1 tablespoon cornstarch
2 tablespoons water

Place the meat into the Instant Pot. Add the remaining ingredients to a bowl and mix well. Pour over the Beef. Close the lid and seal, no venting. I did 25 minutes and then waited for a natural release for 20 minutes. Note: I do not let the machine stay on in a warming state, I turn it off and unplug it.

I removed the lid, away from my face, and with proper oven mitts removed the inside pot and poured the contents in a sieve so that I can make a thick sauce after removing the beef. This helps me remove the sometimes unsightly impurities as well. I made a slurry of one tablespoon cornstarch and 2 tablespoons water.

Turn the Pot to the saute function, return the juice and add the slurry. When the sauce is thick add back the beef. When it is combined to your liking remove it from the pot add some thinly sliced green onions and sesame seeds.




Hope you enjoy!

~ Hugs From Mum

Comments

Popular Posts