Slow Cooker Barbecue Ribs w/ Peppers & White Kidney Beans - No Sugar


I have fallen in love with this recipe. However, as a diabetic, I cannot afford the brown sugar that normally goes in these recipes for a nice BBQ rib dinner. I made it again and decided to leave the sugar component out as well as the wine I used the last time.

I made it with frozen peppers and canned white kidney beans. I used the ketchup and substituted the wine for beef broth. I cooked it on high for four hours and it turned out fantastic. Here is the original recipe:

http://cookinmumsculinaryadventures.blogspot.ca/2018/01/slow-cooked-bbq-pork-ribs-beans.html



I also made a short video of the process. I know...the old girl has lost her marbles.

This is my first attempt to create a video and participate in the 6-week video challenge offered by Cheeky Kitchen and Brooke Lark. I was lucky enough to be selected to participate and learn from Brooke Lark and her crew of experts.

How much fun am I having? So much! I hope to present you with excellent content and enjoyable moments to see if successfully finishing culinary college was a fluke or can Cookin Mum do it again and prove old is not dead, just a little slower.

https://youtu.be/VXD4l78kTIg

Let me know how you like it!

~ Hugs from Mum


Comments

Popular Posts