Wendy's Style Chili - an Instant Pot Recipe


Who loves chili? I love chili. I am very fussy but this one made me very happy to eat. This is an Instant Pot-friendly recipe. I adapted it from a recipe on anightowlblog.com. It is delicious and satisfying.


Ingredients (serves 4 hungry people):

1 tablespoon oil
3 cloves garlic, chopped
1 pound lean ground beef
1 medium onion, chopped into fine slices
1 large green bell pepper, sliced to the same shape and size as the onion
1 stalk celery, chopped into small chunks
2 cups water
1 large cremini mushroom  - or enough small to make up 1/2 cup, more if you like them
1 package chili seasonings ( I used President's Choice )
1 can white ( or red ) kidney beans, rinsed
1 398 ml can diced tomatoes ( I use Aurora from Italy )
1 large can 680 ml Bravo pasta sauce ( I like it because it is thin )
Salt and pepper to taste

Method (for 6 quart Instant Pot):

1. Set the Instant Pot to saute, add the oil, and saute the onions and garlic until fragrant.
2. Add the beef and saute until no longer pink.
3. Add chili mix, mushrooms, celery, and pepper - stir until well combined. Be careful, it may burn.
4. Add the 2 cups of water and deglaze the bottom of the pot while stirring to prevent burning.
5. Turn off the saute function ( hit cancel ).
6. Add the beans, stir.
7. Add the pasta sauce, stir.
8. Add the diced tomatoes, do NOT stir, let it stay on top. I read a lot of people experience burn notices when tomatoes are on the bottom.
9. Add the lid to the Instant Pot, set the vent to seal, and set the timer for 10 minutes high pressure on manual.
10 When the time is up let the Pot come to a natural release. I find that to be about the same time as the cooking time.


I had some fresh pumpernickel bread that I enjoyed with the chili. It is very good, I promise. I sent two portions to family seniors and I still have leftovers.

I hope you enjoy. Let me know how it goes!

~ Hugs From Mum

Comments

Popular Posts